Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hot Spiced Wine




A few weeks ago I went to a shabbat dinner at Kibbutz Gezer. The amazing family that we ate with made a really tasty drink for us to have at the start of dinner. It was really good. I asked for their recipe, but didn't get an exact one from them.

I had a very small group of people for dinner last week and decided to give it a shot.

In a large pot I placed,

Sweet Red Wine - .75 liters
Dry Red Wine - 1 liter
Sugar - 12 tsp
Cinnamon - 3 small sticks
Clementine Rind - .5 of a clementine

Bring the wine to a boil, stirring intermittently at the beginning to get the sugar to dissolve.
Boil it for 5 - 15 minutes. Most of the alcohol should boil out, but you need to taste the wine to know if the taste is right for you.

Filter the rind and cinnamon out or serve it with a ladle.

I think I did a pretty good job this time. I can't wait to make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment