Saturday, June 5, 2010

It's Like Woah

Sometimes the fact that I'm leaving soon for Israel hits you when you don't expect it. Today I was visiting with the parent of a teen at the Edina Art Fair and he gave me the traditional dollar to donate to charity when I arrive in Israel. This made me realize that it is getting closer and closer.

Then I was helping out at services at Temple Israel last night and Rabbi Zimmerman was thanking the choir and she mentioned to the congregation that I will be starting my studies to be a rabbi this summer. It's one of those weird things that hits you when someone else says it. My mom mentioned the same thing after services were over.

What grounded this even more was the fact that I leave four weeks from today. Four weeks. That's not a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment