Friday, October 22, 2010

Almost Four Years Ago

The last time I was in Israel was almost four years ago on Birthright, Taglit. For those that are unfamiliar, Taglit Trips are organized trips to Israel for young Jews between 18 and 26 who have never been to Israel on an organized program. The tours provide an opportunity to see the country. If you are at all interested in these trips, check out the Birthright Website. I will also take a moment shill for the company I traveled with, Oranim. I had a great trip with them. Check out their site as well.

Why am I bringing this up?
That's a great question. Thank you for asking it.

On our three day Tiyyul to the north of Israel this week, we stopped at the Kinneret Cemetery. This cemetery is the final resting place of many of Israel's Pioneers and important Zionists. This was also a site that we visited when I was here on Taglit. From the edge of the cemetery I took one of my favorite pictures from that trip. And while we were there this last time, I tried as hard as I could to get a similar picture, but this time with lush vegetation growing all over the place and not a cloud in the sky. Check out the pictures here and see how it turned out.


January 2007

October 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment