Friday, October 8, 2010

Rain. Rain. Came Today!

Yeeeeeeeessssss! It finally rained. It looked like it was going to rain for the last few days, and I was hoping it was about to pour, the only issue that I had with it was that it came right after I left my apartment. I started to get a light drizzle coming down and I looked up to the sky and there were real, actual rain clouds! Dark, heavy and slow moving.

It was too late to walk back home and get a coat so I just walked as quickly as I could to reach my destination. Then the skies opened up. I got pretty wet on my walk, but it was fantastic! This place has been hot, and sticky and I have been waiting to feel that again. I know if I give it two weeks of rain in November, I'll probably be tired of it, but for now it was incredible.

I'm actually sitting in my room with the windows open and it's awesome, it's chilly and I love it. This is a great change. And I hear it's the exact opposite back home. I just read on the Star Tribune's website that Minneapolis broke a record and hit 84. I don't know that we got that hot here.

Shabbat Shalom,

Expect a post about our two field trips we took this week some time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment