Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bye Bye

After we came back from Dahab, we had a very relaxing rest of the week. It was a very good way for me to finish off my break and spend some time with Kaitlin. We really didn't do a whole lot. It involved a lot of just hanging out, watching movies, eating at restaurants and being with some of my friends. It was really a lot of fun to introduce Kaitlin around. We returned to the Shuk to get some last minute presents and that was about it for excursions.

We had a shirut that came to pick us up. I wanted to go with her to the Airport to say goodbye. Leaving this time was not nearly as hard as it was the first time. When I think about it, we've already done about 60% of the time apart this year. That means the remaining 40% shouldn't be that bad. Another big long hug and I was off to get back in a car and head back to Jerusalem.

This was my mistake. You see, at 2130 on a Friday night, there are not that many planes that are flying in to Tel Aviv. You're shocked, right? But as it turns out, the Shirut on'y returns when it's full. I was really glad I had a little West Wing and a long battery life left on my iPod to watch for the few hours it would take.

Wrong again. Instead of taking two hours or so, like the shirut driver said it would. We had to wait until the car was completely full. Which took until about 0135 in the morning. I then had to deal with being one of the last people dropped off from the taxi and I finally walked back into my apartment around 0215 or 0230 in the morning. It was such a long day of travel only to end up right where I started but lacking something.

I'm writing this a day later, and it's weird not having Kaitlin around. I spent six months here with out here and only two weeks with her. Yet I'm still left feeling like something is missing. I'm just glad that the internet is such a fabulous thing and I can't wait to get ahold of her tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I hope she's not dealing with too much Jet Lag.

And this puts the finishing touches on the chapter of my break. It's back to the grind of school. In fact, by the time this post goes live, I will have finished the first day of the second semester.

Before I go, there was one more thing I didn't mention about break. I learned to play a really fun game with some of my friends last Shabbat. I'm hoping to not be hit that hard with homework already for this Shabbat so I can play again. If you want a great game that changes every time you play it, but it's not completely crazy like Flux, check out Settlers of Katan (I'm sure I've spelled it wrong).

And with that, I pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment