Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yamin Moshe

Since the first day that she got here Kaitlin saw Montifore's windmill in Yamin Moshe from a distance. We finally had the chance to go and see it. After getting a few pictures of the windmill we walked through the sleepy neighborhood. The only thing she kept saying to me was how beautiful the neighborhood looks. The problem is that it's pretty vacant because many people who live there don't stay all year long. There are many more residents in the summer. But it doesn't change the beauty of the town.

After walking around for a while, Kaitlin asked to go back to the old city. Really? For the fourth time in a week? Really?!

She wanted to go back to Hadaya to buy a bracelet that has an inscription written into the pounded silver (or sometimes gold). Unfortunately it will not be finished until after she leaves. So although I will have the day after she leaves, she won't be able to get it from me until I get home from Israel in May. Unless there is someone else who is coming here that will bring it back to Minneapolis for me. That will need to wait and see.

The rest of the night, we had dinner at a really good restaurant near my house, Restobar. I will put up a post about that place sometime soon. We spent the rest of the night finalizing our travel plans for going to Dahab, in the Sinai Desert. The day that I'm writing this, I'm really excited for our trip and I can't wait to write about it when I come back. By the time this post is up, we should be on our way back from Eilat to Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment