Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cookies!

My mom always made these amazing cookies while I was in high school. I brought a lunch to school every day, and almost every day she put two or three of her cookies in my lunch. She baked them fresh on Sunday nights. I always referred to them as her "Kick-A$%" cookies and it was a bit of a running joke. She even made a cookie jar at one of those "Paint-A-Plate" places with that written as their name.

When I moved into my first college house, she gave me a recipe box with that as one of the recipes inside. It's been a while since I've had some of them, you know, that whole 13-hour flight issue. But she did send me the recipe on Facebook.

For the Ride 4 Reform, we are doing some bake-sales to raise money as a group (if you would like to make a donation to me as a rider, please visit the Ride4Reform Donations Site and include my name as the rider). So what do you think I decided to make? This time it was some Kick-A$% Cookies with a few modifications.

I know it's just a cookie recipe, but unless she says it's fine, I'm not going to publish it online, but I did make a few modifications. Instead of only regular chocolate chips, I decided to include chocolate and white "chocolate" chips. In a second batch, I decided to toss the chocolate chips into the mixture before the butter/sugar mixture had cooled down, making the entire batter chocolatey!

Enjoy the pictures, they taste as good as they look.

Chocolate
"White Chocolate" Chip
Chocolate Chip and "White Chocolate" Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment