Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hummus: Round 1




The next food I decided to tackle was hummus. The recipe that I used I found searching online. I was directed to a site called Hummus Blog

My issue was that I read the recipe over a week before I meant to make it so I didn't really remember the details when I started to get everything ready. In the end, I changed the recipe provided a little bit.

1 cup - Dried Chickpeas
Rinse three times in water
Let soak overnight

In the morning, rinse again and soak for another 8 hours. The chick peas will swell back to a normal size.
Cook the chickpeas until they are soft.

2/3 cup - Tahini
1/2 - Juiced Lemon
2 tsp - Salt
1 tsp - Cumin
1 tsp - Garlic Salt
1/2 bunch - Italian Parsley, Chopped
3 TBSP - Olive Oil

With a food processor, blend the chickpeas to a pulp.
Add Tahini and all other ingredients and continue to blend.
Blend into a fine pulp.

I made a few mistakes on this one. We don't have gas in our apartment now so I cooked the chickpeas in the microwave. They were not cooked as well as possible. I also didn't know that we were out of baking soda. The consistency was a little bit off as it was a little grainy. Again I will be doing some of this slightly different. Look for Hummus: Round 2 to come when I try it again when we have gas.

B'tay'avon!

No comments:

Post a Comment