Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TV in Israel

For those of you who know me from further back, you will be surprised to know that I have started watching Le Tour De France. The first summer I was dating Kaitlin she told me that the only way I could hang out with her after camp during Le Tour was to learn to love it. I like sports, I like competition and as of that summer, I love cycling. It may be a throwback to when I used to bike a little and I started biking again since I started dating Kaitlin. Her family is pretty into the sport and it was easy to get back into it. I mean, it's just like riding a bike.

Since I've been in Israel since Le Tour de France started, I have actually been having some summer withdrawal from it. I miss having dinner and sitting down to watch the tour with them and enjoying a Buster Bar from Dairy Queen. Although I don't think I can get the Buster Bars over here, I was able to find a stream of the Tour, in English, that I can watch for the rest of this year's race. I guess you know I've started to become a fan when I give in to watching the tour on a grainy split screen with the progress map on the other side of the screen.

There was no homework today, so it was an added bonus that I got to watch the exciting end to the race today. I can't wait for Thursday night when the riders take on a massive alpine finish. I got to watch them climb this last year and I'm pumped to watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment