Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Count Your Blessings

There have been some tough things going on back in the states this week. Sunday morning I needed to take a little extra time thinking about things before I went to school in the morning. Since there is really nothing that I can do about things at home, on my walk to school I started to think about my blessings. There are aspects of my life that are fantastic.

Here is the short list I came up with on the walk to school.

I am blessed to;

have an amazing, loving family that I can turn to when I need help and that I continue to learn from (this includes everyone in my extended family)
have a sweet, caring girlfriend that I have been able to share the last three plus years of my life with her (and her family).
have incredibly reliable and good friends both at home and here in Israel.
be generally in good health.
have discovered what I want to do with my life and I am on the path to realizing that dream.
be mostly free to do just about anything that I would like to do.
have the skill and ability to take enjoyment in many things in my life.
be spending a year in an incredible place.

This is not an all-encompassing list, these were just the things that came to my mind on the way to school

One thing that I hope is that through all of the situations that I will face in my life is to stay true to who I am and to continue to count my blessings. I truly believe that if I stay a good person at heart, try to make morally and ethically righteous choices and stay true to who I really am, things will work out for the best.

Stay true to who you are and keep it classy,

No comments:

Post a Comment