Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's Over, We Survived

I'm writing this from our amazing house that we're renting for a few days in Haifa because HUC Summer Ulpan is over!

We all had a very big exam Wednesday morning and I was lucky to have received my grade before the end of Ulpan celebration. I passed and passed pretty well according to my Hebrew teacher. I realized something important while I was studying for this exam, I need to shift my ideas about what success means this year. I need to focus on learning and not so much on achieving. Although grades are important, a solid B is actually a solid grade. All things considered, I was successful with the summer's sessions.

I learned all of my course placements for the fall. I pretty much placed myself where the school placed me too. I wasn't that worried and I know I will have a lot of fun. I really like the classes and groups of students that I have been placed with as well. I'm already pretty close with a bunch of people that are in my classes. I can't wait for the intense classes to start next Wednesday.

In the last few days, I had another blog post put up on TCJewfolk, you can read it here. I've been trying to find a place that I can feel at home for services this year. I've explored a bunch of places and may have found one that I like.

Speaking of services, we're checkout out a new place tomorrow; K'hillah Or Chadash in Haifa. Yep that's right, I'm in a new place for now. Since we're done with Ulpan, a few of my friends and I went up to Haifa today after our seminar about the High Holy Days. Allie found this great place near the city center. It's totally walkable and easily bus-able to anywhere in the city that we would like to go.

The bus ride was really chill and pretty painless to get to our house. We have a spectacular view of the city. I didn't get a chance to take a picture from the room or of the place yet, but there will be some shots to come shortly. I don't have that much to say about it so far. Not much has really changed.

We're just chilling around the house and watching a movie. We've got a lot of things planned for the few days that we have to spend on vacation. B'hai Gardens are tomorrow.

Lila Tov,

No comments:

Post a Comment