Sunday, September 19, 2010

Are You Ready for Some Football?!?

Tonight I decided to get back to my American roots and went to the Lion's Den Bar to watch some games. The time difference means that the afternoon games in the states start at 1900 here, perfect for some food and drinks.

The bar was a great spot for us to be. A bunch of TVs indoors and outdoors showing the four "big" games was a lot of fun. Lots of cheering, lots of shouting and they even had internet access so we could keep checking our fantasy teams. I'm currently winning this week, but a lot can change. Since nobody really wants to hear about my fantasy football team, I'll stop right here.

Something interesting that I noticed was how much everybody dislikes Brett Favre. So much booing and jeering when he made a mistake. And yep, the Vikings are sitting at the bottom of the NFC North. I was also watching with a bunch of Bears fans, I can't help it that I have friends from Chicago.

It felt really at home though sitting with a group of people that I don't know all sharing in the stereotypical American experience. It was a lot of fun and I'll probably be stopping into this place every once in a while to catch a game. This time difference is a pain though.

Lila Tov,

No comments:

Post a Comment