Friday, September 17, 2010

We're Gonna Win Twins!

As I'm still trying to put something up every day, this is going to be my post for tomorrow, for during Yom Kippur, although it has nothing to do with the Holy Day.

Instead, it is more about my other fall ritual; September Baseball!

It is really difficult to follow the Twins Baseball Club from Israel. I have been listening to ESPN's Baseball Today, occasional podcasts from KFAN, and checking the Minnesota Twins website. But it's not the same as being home, I just miss the atmosphere of people caring about baseball.

It's also hard to track their magic number. Right now, it's sitting at 8. This means that any combination of 8 Twins wins and/or 8 White Sox losses and the Twins will have clinched winning the American League Central Division. They're chasing the Yankees and the Rays for the best record in the American League which would give them the Home Field Advantage in the first two rounds of the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, Israel is great and I'm loving classes. I've got great friends here, but this is just a fall event that I really miss. Then, today I got an email from Kaitlin's mom with a bunch of pictures. Back in August, Kaitin, Judy and my mom all went to a ball game. It put a huge smile on my face to get this picture!

Mom and Kaitlin at Target Field - courtesy of Judy Saltzman



I miss you guys,
LET'S GO TWINS!

1 comment:

  1. Miss you too. And love the pic! And FYI, as soon as the CWS game is over the magic number will be 4!

    ReplyDelete