Saturday, September 4, 2010

When Do I Get My Shabbat Minucha?

Something is not right the last few weeks. Getting ready for Shabbat has started to be more of a chore than something special. Then I've been spending a lot of Shabbat working and cleaning. Yes it is therapeutic and helpful to getting ready for the week, but I miss taking a break.

I was talking to a colleague on Friday night and I think she gave me a new idea. Just shift everything back a day. That means doing a lot more homework on Thursday and prep for Shabbat dinners. Thursday so I can do more homework on Fridays. If I'm able to do that, I could maybe get a break on Saturdays. Take some time to rest and relax. Get some exercise and whatnot.

We'll see how that works in a few weeks. With the High Holy Days getting kicked off last night with Slichot, this time of year is a little rough and I think I will be wearing down a little. But as of Sukkot break at the end of the month, I will be on this new schedule. Maybe then I can catch a breath of sweet Shabbat air on Saturdays.

Shavua Tov,

No comments:

Post a Comment