Saturday, September 18, 2010

He'll Have the Decafe

Today was Yom Kippur and I fasted the whole day. No water, no food and a splitting headache. I know I go over this all the time, but I have a coffee/caffeine problem. The bigger problem is that I like the taste of coffee too much.

The hardest part of this fast was that I was fighting with my brain to keep it from jumping out the front of my skull. I know it's a little too late for Jew Years' Resolutions, but I think it's high time I try to cut down on the coffee here. Maybe for a week or two, until I no longer get headaches when I go for a day without it. Maybe I'll switch to decafe, or just pop instead, you know, enough to get rid of the headache. We'll see.

For those of you still fasting, may it be an easy rest of the day, and may you be sealed into the book of life for a great 5771.

No comments:

Post a Comment