Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Done, done, and I'm on to the next one

Although we just started the actual school year, today is the first day of break. This is the first year that I've had a fall break and this is great! It's not so much because the work load is stressing me out already, but the Holiday load has been exhausting.

First there was Slichot to get us in the mood for the High Holy Days. Then there was Rosh HaShanah for two days. Rosh HaShanah butted up against shabbat this year, so it was a three day weekend that wasn't terribly restful, although there were some meaningful experiences.

A week later was Yom Kippur. Although I didn't really get anything done for school, that didn't matter for Yom Kippur. I really took a lot from that Holy Day this year. But starting that night, people around here have been getting ready for Sukkot, a large, week long festival that culminates in another Holiday; Simchat Torah and Shmini Atzeret.

Then it will be back to school, back to the books, after one more shabbat. Pfew!

I'm excited to have some time off here though. I have some things I want to catch up on. And some people that I would like to catch up with. I'm not planning on any major trips this week off, which makes me very happy to have a relaxing break. It is going to be filled with guitar, reading a little homework and friends. Yea!

Chag Sameach!

No comments:

Post a Comment