Monday, February 28, 2011

Batteries Are Weird...

Now I'm confused.

Before I came to Israel, my computer battery started to get weak. Not staying charged for long periods of time. Luckily I had the Best Buy "accidental damage plan". They set me up with a new battery at no cost to me and it was great. I had two batteries that were all charged up and ready to go.

Within a few weeks of being here, the "new" battery stopped working. Ugh. The good news is that I had another one, so no biggie.

Under Kaitlin's advice, I've been using my charger to mostly charge my computer instead of using it to keep my computer running at all times. Apparently that's bad for the battery. So when I started to have issues on Sunday, I was shocked and glad that I had my charger.

When I took out my computer to use it during Liturgy class for notes it said that there was only 90 minutes of battery left. What?!?! The day before it had lasted over three hours while doing a wide variety of things, downloading a podcasts, watching YouTube or whatever.

So I drained the battery two or three times yesterday, realizing that it took almost twice as long to charge as it did to drain, I thought I did a pretty good job. I shut it down all the way before coming to class this morning and was surprised when I got to Bible class and turned it on.

It said I had over three hours of battery life again! I'm not complaining, I'm just shocked.

Batteries are weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment