Monday, February 7, 2011

Services

I feel really comfortable behind an instrument. I enjoy leading prayers and services. I like making a connection with people. I loved preparing and leading services last Monday.

I opened services with a duet combination of the prayers Asher Yatzar and Elohai N'Shamah (the Debbie Friedman melodies) with one of my classmates and I had so much fun rehearsing with her. I added a few sections that I spoke a little bit during and had worked hard to perfect the nusach for some of the sections I chanted without the guitar.

It was one of those moments that I looked at myself when it was done and said, "I know I'm heading in the right direction." It felt really good when I was finished with the services and I can't wait until I get to lead them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment